Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Côte d'Ivoire’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Côte d'Ivoire with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Support in preparing survey tools for agricultural production surveys;
- Enhance knowledge on data collection and analytical tools to measure key economic aggregates;
- Technical assistance on the use of statistical software tools for data processing and analysis;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Develop awareness on the importance of statistical dissemination policies and build the skills required for data dissemination and preservation programmes.
Capacity development training on data processing and analysis with STATA in Côte d'Ivoire
The first training on data processing and analysis with STATA in the frame of the Phase II of the Global Strategy was held in Côte d'Ivoire from August 22nd to 26th of 2022.