Following an in-depth needs analysis through bilateral consultations organized between FAO and the Mozambique’s counterparts responsible for producing and using agricultural statistics, and based on the information collected through a questionnaire prepared by FAO and completed by the national agricultural statistical team, the following activities, planned for the period 2021-2023, are implemented in Mozambique with the aim to fill gaps in different levels of technical expertise and capacities.
- Participation in the scholarship programme;
- Basic training in agricultural statistics;
- Technical assistance in collecting data on and measuring key economic aggregates;
- Support in collecting, measuring and analysing data on agricultural losses;
- Training and support to the country in developing, implementing, and maintaining CAPI-based surveys to improve data quality and cost-efficiency of agricultural survey;
- Develop awareness on the importance of statistical dissemination policies and build the skills required for data dissemination and preservation programmes;
- Support in computing timely and reliable CAADP indicators.